Sunday, April 17, 2011

Riding, Training, Eating, (and running a bit scared!)


Oh boy - 60 days to go. It's all really happening. We're on the home stretch. Accommodation booked in LA and Oceanside before the race, and Washington (2 days) and New York afterwards. No accommodation in between - just a bike saddle and the RV! We've got sponsorship from Nespresso for RAAM - yippee!.

Doing the final body tweaking bits - an MRI of my R knee this morning, just to make sure. Keep stretching, don't tighten up too much.

Training - like crazy! both on my road bike and the TT bike. My cycling club buddies in Sydney think (know) I'm obsessed. After our usual Sunday ride I go and do our usual Saturday ride. Twice daily a couple of times per week. Easter is very much a "Festival of Cycling" : "good" Friday: 150km with 5 major climbs, Sat and Sun = 5 x 1 hour time trials, Monday a mere 120km with hills, and Tuesday a flat 100.

We got our nutritionist's plan last week: it's fantastic. During the Race, we're each looking at about 5,500cal / day, plus about 5 litres of liquid. (My skin will look good!)

Gotta keep training!

1 comment: