Tuesday, April 26, 2011

And a little bit more on Tuesday !



Tuesday April 27th was a further public holiday in Sydney. Again it poured with rain. I did get out of bed at 5.20, put in my contact lenses, looked outside and (I admit it!) went back to bed! But the bike got the better of me by early afternoon. My legs felt like lead, but after warmups etc, I did 7 x 7 minute TT intervals with 3 min rest in between. The TT intervals were at 85-90% FTP, so I was happy (and sodden due to the incessant rain)!


So for the whole Easter holiday, I rode 551km, at an average of 29.3km/hr (18.075miles/hr). That includes warm up rides, cool down rides, getting through the traffic rides - the lot! And mostly in the rain. Whilst during RAAM we will each have a lot further to ride each day, this was nevertheless a useful exercise. And I will keep training!

No comments:

Post a Comment