Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter "Festival" of Cycling



Easter - great opportunity to do some serious training. A mixture of endurance, hills, time trials, and lots of perserverence!.


Friday - 163km : 100 miles, not called "5 Gorges Ride" for nothing! 2300m (7150feet) climbing, in fabulous autumn weather.

Saturday - 3 x 1 hour TT intervals around Centennial Park Sydney. First 2 hours in absolute downpour! Oh well, it could rain in Arizona (!).

Went for a drive with my partner in the afternoon. I slept most of the way.

Sunday - another 3 x 1 hr TT intervals. But the sun shone in the afternoon, and lots of recreational riders (and drivers) came to the Park. That made TT-ing very tricky.

Monday - the bunch was supposed to go to Waterfall and Royal National Park - a 120km ride with about 2500m climbing. It was very wet. Only one rider turned up - me. I suppose that the others don't have RAAM to train for. I still went, but missed the park and only did 100km.


All told - 500km and 4,000m climbing in 4 days. About 60% of my share during RAAM. How do I feel ? I'd like a good sleep, and lots of food! I'd prefer to feel better, but during RAAM I can be much more focussed, and have no other things to deal with. Happy enough.

1 comment: